"Life is too Short."

“Life is too short.”
The most repetitive quote,
These four words are always pounded in my head.
As time passes,
I forget details about you, which used to be so vivid  to me.
The best quote to describe you..“though she be but little, she is fierce.”
(Pause)
I will never forget May 25,2016.
I lost a friend, a classmate, and a teammate.
Her name was Lily.
Lily was known for her short stature, contagious smile, and New York attitude.  
No matter the time of day, she would smile to anyone who passed her.
But to me, you are held near my heart forever.
Your ridiculously corny jokes, uplifting laugh, and love for trucks.
The protectiveness you had over the ones you loved.
I remember the day you passed so clearly.
A bomb threat, two fire drills, and then a car crash in front of our school.
Your car crash. And cause of death.
(Pause)
God never promised a sunny day without rain.
Everyday I questioned when I would receive another sunny day.
(Pause)
Now I live on,
Lily taught me to live my life with a pure heart.
I pray up to the heavens to Lily everyday,
She encourages, guides,and reminds me to be compassionate.
The thrive to be the best person I can be.
(Pause)
Goodbyes,
These are not a lifetime end,
This was only temporary,
Just a simple. I will miss you,
Until we met again in the heavens.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep

Trust.

Anxiety